DATA PROTECTION POLICY
This data protection Policy clearly sets out my commitment to protecting personal data and how I, as a sole trader, implement that commitment with regards to the collection and use of personal data. I shall:
- never sell, share or otherwise disclose data unless required to do so by law or at the request of my insurance company.
- ensure that any data collected is done so lawfully.
- only hold or process personal data to keep you informed of pilates and exercise classes.
- provide and regularly review my security measures to protect your data.
- ensure that all queries regarding data protection are dealt with swiftly and effectively.
DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
- Personal data shall be obtained lawfully and shall only be used for the specific purpose for which it was obtained. Personal data shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose.
- Personal data shall be adequate and relevant to the purpose for which it was obtained. In my case, namely:
- To inform me of medical and other information which allows me to better tailor pilates and exercise activity to your needs and minimise any risk or injury to you;
- To provide information and updates on my pilates and exercise classes (changes to times, venues, cancellations etc) and associated activities.
- Personal data shall be accurate and kept up to date as far as possible.
- Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken in order to prevent unauthorised and unlawful processing of data and against accidental loss or destruction of personal data.
HOW IS YOUR DATA USED?
Your initial or more recent screening form (paper) is held securely and retained (for insurance purposes) for seven years after you cease to attend my classes.
Your name, e-mail address(es) and phone number(s) are held securely and used solely to send you my newsletters and will not be shared with any third parties.
I am committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, I have put in place suitable security on my computer, tablet and phone to and secure the information collected/ online. These measures will be reviewed and updated annually. If I believe that any data breach that may occur is likely to result in a risk to your rights and freedoms of individuals, it will be notified to the ICO (if you are concerned that any of your data may fall into this category, please notify me).